Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses. Reference the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric for guidance on how your discussion will be evaluated.
Shakespeare’s Macbeth is often considered one of literature’s greatest tragedies, not only because of Macbeth’s tragic fall from grace, but because of how the play relates to human nature and the conflicts inherent in human nature. In your initial post, please do the following:
- State a conflict that you see present in Macbeth (please refer to the list of conflicts).
- Respond to one of the following and provide specific textual examples:
- Describe a key conflict in the play and how it corresponds to a character’s development.
- Describe two key literary techniques and elements of drama that aid in developing the conflict.
- Explain how the conflict identified in the play relates to human nature and the human condition.
Initial post must be 200 to 300 words in length and posted by Day 3.
Guided Response: Respond to at least two of your classmates’ initial posts. Each response should be at least 75 words in length and should address two or more of the following points:
- Do you agree with your classmates’ perspectives? Why, or why not? Be specific.
- Ask a specific question to encourage further discussion on the topic.
- Challenge your classmates’ interpretation of literature and/or point of view.
- Do a small amount of research and share what you learn with your peers on the topic discussed in this post.