List of Materials
Include part numbers, cost, and order status.
|FPGA development board||VGA Monitor||PS/2 Keyboard||Monitor Cable|
|Terasic DE0-CV||Dell 17” Flat Panel LCD Monitor Model E176FP||V7 Standard PS/2 Keyboard||StarTech.com 15 ft Monitor VGA Cable|
There are several hardware and software components required to develop the Hack computer system. The hardware described in the Project Description can be realized with an FPGA development board, a PS/2 keyboard, and a VGA monitor. In addition, software will be needed the FPGA development, and FPGA simulation. Lastly, a programming IDE will be needed for the software components in the later phases of the project.
The detailed requirements for each component can be found below.
The FPGA development board must be able to support the following digital hardware components:
· 16-bit Hack CPU composed of ALU, registers, program counter, and control logic.
· 32 KB of ROM
· 32 KB of RAM
· VGA Driver chip
· PS/2 Driver chip
In addition it would be beneficial if the development board supported a VGA connector, a PS/2 connector, and simple programming interface for setting up the board.
The DE0-CV Board meets all the above requirements.
· DE0-CV Board
· Part Number: PP0192
· Price $99
· Available here.
· Cyclone V 5CEBA4F23C7N Device
· 49K Programmable Logic Elements
· 3080 Kbits embedded memory
· 4 Fractional PLLs
Configuration and Debug
· Serial Configuration device – EPCS64 on FPGA
· On-Board USB Blaster (Normal type B USB connector)
· JTAG and AS mode configuration supported
· 64MB SDRAM, x16 bits data bus
· PS/2 mouse/keyboard