Assignment 2:: Examining the Case of Federal Express
Review Case 7 “The Evolution of the Small Package Express Delivery Industry, 1973 – 2010”,
located in the textbook to complete this assignment
Write seven (7) pages paper in which you:
1. Analyze Federal Express’s value creation frontier, and determine which of the four
2. Determine the main aspect of product differentiation and capacity control that Federal
3. Assess the efficiency of Federal Express’s current business model, and recommend one
4. Examine the manner in which overall global competition may impact the new business
building blocks of competitive advantage the company needs in order to continue to
maintain above-average profitability. Provide a rationale to support the response.
Express could use in order to maintain an edge over its rivals. Justify the response.
(1) new business-level strategy that gives the company a competitive advantage over its
rivals. Provide a rationale for the recommendation.
strategy that you recommended in Question 3. Next, suggest one (1) significant way that
Federal Express may confront its global competition.
and similar type Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
5. Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all
sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your
professor for any additional instructions.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s
name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included
in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Describe strategic planning techniques used to formulate alternative strategies designed to
achieve stated business goals.
Recommend effective business strategies based on an analysis of domestic and global operating
environments, market dynamics, and internal capabilities.
Use technology and information resources to research issues in strategic management.
Write clearly and concisely about strategic management using proper writing mechanics.