Hide Submission Folder InformationSubmission FolderM3 Assignment 2 Submission RA 1Instructions
Assignment 2: RA 1: Presentation—Establishing a Performance Management Strategy
As industrial/organizational (I/O) practitioners, we address organizational problems. Companies often assess employee performance or track it to some extent, but such activities are not always part of a strong performance management plan. Without such a plan, managers are frequently unprepared to manage employee performance. As such, it is our responsibility to educate and subsequently put into practice quality standards and procedures to address organizational issues.
BANKS Industries is satisfied with your work and has asked you to assist it in an expanded project. The company is looking at methods of tracking employee performance. For this assignment, you will present the idea of a performance management system to BANKS Industries and begin to make recommendations for future practices. Review the scenario and directions below regarding what you will include in your letter and presentation.
For the course project, you will take on the role of a consultant to evaluate this organization’s performance management system and make recommendations that will help the organization better manage employee performance. You recently received an e-mail from Mabel Banks, chief financial officer, outlining her concerns and requesting your assistance.
Click here to read the e-mail from Mabel Banks.
Part A: Develop a letter for the organizational leaders. In 1–2 pages:
- Explain the importance of managing employee performance.
- On the basis of a review of company information, describe how your consulting services will assist the company in addressing its organizational problems.
- On the basis of research and theory, mention current organizational practices of performance management as well as apparent issues.
Write using a formal tone in consideration of your audience, the organizational leaders. The letter should follow formal business format standards. Business letter templates are available from http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates. To cite the scholarly sources you use to present research and theory, use parenthetical citations in the body of the letter and then include your list of references on a page following the letter.
Part B: Presentation
You have been selected to assist the organization with its performance concerns. Create and narrate (using an audio component, such as a voiceover or a recording) a presentation to organizational stakeholders, addressing the following points in 10–15 minutes:
- Explain the link between organizational goals and strategic planning and the potential impact a performance management system may have on employee performance and attitude.
- Determine the organizational advantages of implementing a performance management system and the potential disadvantages to not implementing a performance management system for BANKS Industries.
- Compare and contrast the company’s current critical incident technique with the use of a graphic rating scale.
- Recommend guidelines for providing feedback to employees during the performance management process.
Your final product will be a 10- to 15-minute presentation (using Microsoft PowerPoint Show, Prezi, PowToon, or other presentation software and including audio). Utilize at least four scholarly sources in your research (including a 1- to 2-page letter in Microsoft Word). Your presentation should be written in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources in APA format; and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Presentation Software